Skip navigation
Sedgemoor District Council on YouTube Sedgemoor District Council on Twitter Sedgemoor District Council News RSS feed Today's weather: Current Weather From the Met Office : opens in a new browser window 21°C

Waste & environment

0300 303 7800
Website URL : The Control Id 'trail' could not be resolved to an actual control., Type=iCMRender.Controls.Value, ID=MainBlock (~/sedgemoor/index.master)

Environmental Services

We are here to investigate complaints and provide advice about environmental issues including odour, noise, smoke, dust and other nuisances. You can also find out about the Dog and Animal Warden Service here. Other Environmental Services include Civil Contingencies, Bathing Water Quality, Coastal Protection and Management, Flood Protection and Land Drainage.

  • Bathing Water Quality

    Sedgemoor District Council have three beaches within the district which are sampled for bathing water quality at Burnham-on-Sea, Berrow and Brean. In November 2015, new European standards grading bathing water came into force.

  • Civil Contingencies

    Sedgemoor District Council is designated a Category 1 responder under the terms of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.

  • Coastal management

    Coast and estuary management issues are becoming more prominent world-wide, due to physical shifts expected from accelerated sea level rise, increased human pressures and a greater awareness of the importance of the environment.

  • Coastal protection

    Sedgemoor District Council is one of eighty-eight maritime district councils in whom is vested the responsibilities for controlling coastal erosion under the Coast Protection Act 1949.

  • Dog and Animal Warden Service

    The Wardens deal with lost and stray dogs. They also enforce the legislation concerning dog fouling, dogs off leads and assist with animal licensing.

  • Environmental Health feedback form

    We would very much like to hear your views so that we can improve our Environmental Health services.

  • Environmental Protection

    We are here to provide advice, information or investigate complaints about nuisance from noise, dust, odour, light and others. If you have a drain or sewer problem, or a pest control query, get in touch. We also provide permits for industrial processes, investigate contaminated land issues and monitor our air quality and private water supplies.

  • Flood prevention and land drainage

    Is your property at risk of flooding?

Cookies on this site.