Local Housing allowance rates April 2016 to March 2017
|Broad Rental Market Area||Shared Room||1 Bed||2 Bed||3 Bed||4 Bed|
Taunton & West
To work out the Local Housing Allowance that will be used to calculate your benefit you need to follow these steps
- Decide which of the 3 Broad Market Rental Areas your property is in (you can click on the map to see a larger image).
- Work out how many bedrooms your household is allowed (see below).
By household we mean
- Your partner
- Dependent Children - not including foster children
- Non Dependants - for example adult children, parents etc.
- Boarders and sub-tenants
You are allowed one bedroom for:
- Every adult couple (married or unmarried)
- Any other adult aged 16 or over
- Any two children under age 10
- Any two children of the same sex aged under 16
- Any other child.
- A non resident carer providing overnight care to you or your partner
The only exceptions to these rules are:
- Single Person under 35 - will always receive the Shared Room rate regardless of the type of property they occupy unless they are entitled to the Severe Disability Premium in their Applicable Amount .
- Single People over 35 - will only receive the Shared Room rate if they live in shared accommodation
- Childless Couples - will only receive the Shared Room rate if they live in shared accommodation.
If you have any queries or are not sure which Broad Rental Market Area or Local Housing Allowance figures to use please contact our office.