Skip navigation
Sedgemoor District Council on YouTube Sedgemoor District Council on Twitter Sedgemoor District Council News RSS feed Today's weather: Current Weather From the Met Office : opens in a new browser window 15°C

The Council

0300 303 7800
Website URL : The Control Id 'trail' could not be resolved to an actual control., Type=iCMRender.Controls.Value, ID=MainBlock (~/sedgemoor/index.master)

Data Protection and Freedom of Information

Sedgemoor District Council has a Data Protection Officer who can offer advice on what information the council holds and what details can be given out to members of the public.

Data Protection

How do I see information held about myself?

Under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 you are entitled to request information held about yourself by the Council. Contact the Data Protection Officer and ask for a Subject Access Request Form or download. 

Please complete the form and return to the Data Protection Officer with a £10 fee.

Once the form and fee have been received by us, we have 40 days in which to respond. If you can say on the form what you think might be held about you, this will speed up the process.

Any information held about you will be passed on to you but any reference to third parties will not be included without that third party's consent.

Freedom of Information

pdf icon Sedgemoor District Council Publication Scheme [198kb]

What is a Publication Scheme?

A publication scheme commits us to make information readily available. The Information Commissioner has prepared and approved a Model Publication Scheme, which was adopted by all public authorities on 1st January 2009. The scheme commits the Council to:

  • Proactively publish information that is covered by the definitions set out in the model publication scheme which is held by the Council
  • Proactively publish information in line with the statements contained within the scheme
  • Maintain and review the information covered by the scheme on a regular basis
  • Producing a guide to the information contained within each class (our website).

The Council's website is the guide to information that the Council publishes or intends to publish in the future, whether on paper, over the Internet or by any other means.

CCTV Images

What happens if I think CCTV images are held of myself?

In order to see a CCTV image held of you, please contact the Data Protection Officer and ask for a subject access request form or download one here.

You must state on the form the date and time that you believe the images were recorded and you must include a full face photograph of yourself. Please return the form with a £10 fee to the Data Protection Officer.

Images of third parties may be blocked out.

Cookies on this site.